Join Bio Bio Expeditions for the best in adventure travel vacations - worldwide!
Whether you like to go white water rafting, kayaking, horse back riding or hiking while on vacation, you will love doing it all with Bio Bio Expeditions. Since 1992, Bio Bio Expeditions has carefully hand picked our adventure travel destinations, trained our own local outdoor guides and upgraded the amenities on all of our adventure vacations to ensure that your travel experience with us is the absolute best.
What can you expect on an adventure travel vacation with Bio Bio Expeditions?
You can expect the thrill of running free flowing rivers, trekking on ancient trails, sharing adventure with new found friends and the freedom to choose your own day-to-day outdoor activities...You can anticipate seeing the world by foot, by raft, by mountain bike or horseback accompanied by your hosts and guides.... You can expect to be immersed in the unique history, ecology and culture of all our destinations.... You can expect hot tea delivered to your tent platform every morning over looking the Rio Futaleufu and to sit down to carefully prepared meals...
And you can expect the unexpected... a condor soaring over the Apurimac River near Machu Picchu in Peru, the music of your rafting guide strumming a guitar while pointing out the Southern Cross in the night sky, a rainbow over Africa's Victoria Falls, a lesson in salsa dancing, hot coffee delivered to your tent in the morning, and a journey that takes you well beyond your expectations.
Why Choose Bio Bio Expeditions?
- We run all of our own adventure travel trips with our own guides. The owners of Bio Bio Expeditions are often with you on your rafting, kayaking, hiking or horseback riding trip to ensure you have an adventure travel experience you will remember for years to come. Our guides are hand picked, highly trained in wilderness skills and are truly exceptional and highly experienced river runners, entertainers, chefs and many are local area experts. Most importantly, they are caring and sharing individuals who love sharing their passion for adventure with you.
- We maintain the highest standards for safety on all of our adventure trips - essential to any outdoor experience, especially those in foreign destinations. We provided the river safety for the World Championships of White Water Rafting on the Futaleufu River in Chile. Our guides include Emergency Medical Technicians, Certified River Rescue Instructors and Wilderness First Responders. From our Americas Cup high-float lifejackets to our use of safety kayakers - from our equipment - to our food service, we make sure your safety is Numero Uno!
- We offer you superior value. Keeping our company overhead low, we have been able to offer you adventure trips in many popular locations at an affordable price with outstanding quality and value. You deserve the best and you get it with Bio Bio.
- We pay attention to the details. The gourmet camping cuisine… a cup of hot java delivered to your sleeping bag in the morning…extra help working out travel logistics…clean and comfortable hotel accommodations and deluxe camps. We go the extra mile for you because we want you to come back year after year.
- We pour our heart and soul into every adventure travel trip that we run. The friendships that are forged on our trips and the camaraderie shared by our clients and staff are our greatest reward. Over the past 15 years, we have developed wonderful relationships with local friends all across the world and we are happy to share them with you!
- We give back to the local communities wherever we offer trips. In Chile we have helped develop community gardens, have helped the locals rebuild their lives after the destruction of the volcano, created a zero interest loan structure for our local employees, trained local river guides and keep a large staff of locals employeed for the duration of our season. In Zimbabwe we have helped our local guides build their homes, created business opportunities for them to help generate money while not guiding, and trained and hired local river guides to help with our trips. These are just a few small examples of the many different ways we have helped local communities all over the world. To learn more about our different programs please feel free to call or email Bio Bio Expeditions so we can discuss more.